Black Phone 2
This better be the last Black Phone movie...I did like this one better than the first one but barely and both of these movies kind of pissed me off. It was like they mixed Sinister and Nightmare on Elm Street together. I get the Sinister part because they are the same writers, but they brought in the whole if you get hurt in your dreams you get hurt in real life. Again, it wasn't terrible but I'm just tired of these movies advertising themselves as more than what they are. This one at least gave a little backstory, and I do like movies that fill in the cracks a little more. We basically see that The Grabber has murdered some kids in the camp that the mom was at. We also find out that the mom did not commit suicide but was actually killed by the Grabber because she was getting close to finding out where the kids of the camp had gone. It's one of the movies like Terrifier where I wish they didn't add the supernatural power element in. To me it is scary to think just a normal human being is doing these things. I understand the whole well the Grabber is a messed-up spirit in 2, but why couldn't they just do something like he actually killed. Or if they still wanted to go the supernatural route, why did they make so NOESish?? Like I really didn't understand that. They could have just a good old fashion vengeful spirit who throws shit around and could maybe physically harm you. That's just my personal opinion though! I think I already went into this movie annoyed from the first one so maybe I have some left over hate making me biased. The dead boy thing under the ice was kind of cool and I did like the Grabber's final demise but ugh please don't make any more of these movies. Oh! The dad became sober which was nice, but the kids understandably didn't fully forgive him. He played more of a good guy in this one for sure.
IMDb rating: 6 out of 10 stars
My rating: 6 out of 10 stars (exactly that because it is better than 1, but yeah...still not the best)
Comments
Post a Comment