Curse of Chucky
I accidently watched Cult of Chucky before this one and was a little confused hahaha. I don't think I like this one or Cult of Chucky as much as the first couple or Bride of Chucky but was still good! I mean I like the story and the comedy of it (for any of my friends reading this...yes, I said I enjoyed the comedy aspect) but idk. I do like this one more than Cult of Chucky. Both are pretty funny though as I said. The best part about the movie is the tie into the story and finding out a bit more of Charles Lee Ray's past, however, I feel like they just did a spin off that was a bitttt unnecessary BUT I am never going to complain about more Chucky movies! I think these movies are one of my favorite horror series because I do find Chucky and Tiff to be such funny characters. I liked the part of the movie where we did get a peak of Chucky's past. It leads right up to the first movie where he gets chased down and eventually gets killed. The whole thing about Nica's mom getting abducted by Chucky (of course in human form lol) and then the police getting called to the scene leading to his chase. I was also shoooook about the babysitter and the sister being involved together! I love this series because how queer coded as well. The movie was def set up to make us believe that the husband was involved with the babysitter, buttttt he was spying on the two of them because theyyyy were smoochy smoochy. One thing I didn't really like because it confused me was that the same actor was used for the officer who stole Chucky as one of the patients in Cult of Chucky (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). He was killed at the last scene, so I was like ???? why is he in this movie. With that said I love that "Tiff" and Andy are characters for major parts of the series! Even if they are just small parts for some of them. These movies must have been so fun to make and be in. The horror sequel saga continues....
IMDb rating: 5.6 out of 10 stars
My rating: 6.5 out of 10 stars (liked it, but not my favorite of the Chucky movies)
Comments
Post a Comment