Evil Dead 2

Let's keep going with these sequels! I am little more encouraged that I have made a theme lately to get through some horror sequels I have been meaning to get to. I've never seen the second Evil Dead and I was a little confused by it. I had to do some researching and found out that is not just a sequel but a sequel and a remake? At first, I was like did Ash not learn his lesson about going to this cabin with his friends? It makes more sense that it reboots parts of the first Evil Dead but has some different twists. In the second movie, Ash visits with his girlfriend (who doesn't last long before being possessed). He thinks it is a good idea to play a mysterious recording not knowing that the chanting from the recording is from the Necronomicon which unleashes the evil presence in the woods. The recording was left by a professor and the daughter (plus research partner?) goes to the cabin only to encounter Ash plus her possessed mom and dad (mostly mom). This movie is very slapstick, and I almost found it more entertaining than the first one. Ash's character goes into complete delirium as everything (including himself) becomes subject to the evil forces around him. The most iconic thing in this movie is probably his had becoming possessed and him having to hack that sucker right off. The iconic chainsaw becomes part of his limb making him look like a badass ngl. Bruce is a hottie for sure. All the characters are basically possessed/killed off by the end of the film except for Ash and the professor's daughter (lots of sexual tension there). The professor's daughter chants a passage from the Necronomicon that opens up a vortex hoping that it would banish the demons but instead they are banished (along with Ash) to some ancient time. He kills one of the demons in front of a bunch of the armored soldiers and they claim him to be a hero, so they all start worshipping him. It's like he became part of the prophecy in a way. Not a bad film at all, just a lot going on and pretty humorous (in an odd way...?). Some parts made me laugh out loud with just Ash's actions alone. I love watching him go absolutely insane tbh. I even bought the film! It was only a dollar more to buy it rather than renting it. 

IMDb rating: 7.6 out of 10 stars

My rating: 7.2 out of 10 stars


Comments

Popular Posts