Nightmare on Elm Street 3

What a great sequel! I was actually really surprised by how much I enjoyed this sequel. I really should have bought it on Prime when it was super cheap...I was going to and then something just stopped me! Lesson learned. I really like how this movie tied into the first one so much. The effects of this movie were really good too. Way more effective (as expected) than the previous 2 NOES movies. Were the dream powers a little cheesy? Yes! However, they were sort of endearing in a way. I love that Nancy came back as a therapist (who doesn't look that much older, so they added a little bit of grey to her hair lollll. She discovers that the kids in the psych ward are the last of the children on Elm Street (meaning that they are the last of the kids whose parents were part of killing Freddy - well in the physical world). During most of the movie, Freddy is hurting/killing off these kids one by one, Nancy is in this weird love connection with Dr. Gordon, and sorttt of reconnecting with her father at the very end? This movie introduced some good background lore of Freddy as well. Dr. Gordon keeps running into this dang nun who seems to keep appearing then just vanishing (totally normal?) We find out that the nun is actually Freddy's mommy who was unfortunately locked at the same "asylum" and assaulted by a bunch of "maniacs" resulting in her pregnancy with Freddy. Nancy's father also returns in the end of the film for kind of a brief moment where Freddy's bones literally throw him onto a huge piece of jagged glass. The dream team of "crazy kids" (well, who is left of them) go after Freddy for one last showdown where Nancy stabs him with his own knife fingers and Dr. Gordon sprays holy water/throws a cross into his little burial site. Ending is a bit sad...Nancy is ultimately defeated by Freddy (that is one way to just kill off a character) and the ending scene shows them at her funeral and also shows the tomb of Freddy's mother (gasp! she is a ghost). Then there is the very ominous ending of the doc falling asleep while the little house by his bed has a light turn on in one of the windows. Spooky and sequel indicating!

IMDb rating: 6.7 out of 10 stars (I expected a slightly higher score, but I can see how this wasn't everyone's cup of tea)

My rating: 7.8 out of 10 stars! 

Comments

Popular Posts