Ring 0

I really enjoyed this movie! I know I said I was doing a series of sequels but that also includes prequels! This one gave a lot of contexts of Sadako's origin story. I feel pretty bad for her. Her mom committed suicide and she sort of isolates herself. I love that she is a theater kid though. The story follows her as a 19ish year-old girl who joined a theater troupe and is already sort of an outcast as she doesn't say much and kind of has a haunting stare. Man, she really went through it while she was part of this group though. First of all, the teacher (I think that is his title) blackmails Sadako to basically do what he wants because he thinks she is so obsessed with becoming a star, she will do anything to do so. He actually thinks he purposely killed the main actress because she wanted her role so yeah..he thinks she is alllll in. She has a little romance with one of the techs which was actually pretty cute (wait until later...). Poor Sadako is painted as this really dangerous character, which yes, she is not someone to mess with, but her harm is not always intentional. She is just super powerful. In fact, she is more powerful than her mom who just possessed physic powers. The stage director starts a frenzy where the rest of the theater group eventually attacks her (such a sad scene!) They don't kill her all the way I guess so they take her to the woods near where her father tried to hide her evil side. Ohhh I should probably mention that I guess Sadako started as one person but then split into 2. There is this evil version of her and then the much less evil Sadako who was part of the theater group. When evil Sadako joins normal Sadako that is when she gets super powerful! It's sort of sad that she (well, evil Sadako) killed the tech that she loved. The father is also a doctor administered a substance that he said would relax her, but it was putting her in cardiac arrest. She crawls around in pain and then outside (I think?) where the father bashed her over the head and threw her in the well. The last scene of the movie was so creepy to me, just so haunting. You think all is well (haha no pun intended) and she is resting in bed reaching out to her love, but then she wakes up and realizes she is reaching out the sides of the well where she resides until she eventually dies. So horrible! Man, that scene really got me. They did such a good job making Sadako's movements extremely creepy during the end of the movie. Actually legit a little scary...

IMDb rating: 5.9 out of 10 stars (??????)

My rating: 7.7 out of 10 stars (damn, I thought this movie was pretty good. Idk what these other reviewers are on)


Comments

Popular Posts