Scare Package II: Rad Chad's Revenge
I was in a mood for an unserious movie after I was tired from running a race earlier in the day but not so tired I needed to brainrot. I do enjoy a horror comedy from time to time! Especially when I know it is going to be a comedy. I feel like I have been watching more comedy horror lately...I really enjoyed the first Scare Package, so I was excited to watch the sequel. This one takes place right after the events of the first one where Rad Chad got literally punched through the face by the Impaler. Omg they fit so many horror references into this one (just like the last one). The attendees of the funeral are comprised of some new characters and some survivors from the first movie. They all gather around his coffin where they view a video of Chad's tape to view after his death. The attendees are gassed and wake up in a Saw situation (do they play the final girl skit beforehand?) This one was so funny...it had a house filled with the final girls next to the girls that are sure to die (STD lolll). Throughout the film the Saw bit continues as they go through various tapes in the anthology. I love the fact that Sam is one of the main characters and thinks he is in charge of this whole thing because how dare they not honor Rad Chad's video store and horror (he is obsessed with Chad, obviously). He thinks he is teaching all these peasants a lesson, but we find out later that he is also a pawn in Rad Chad's game. I love the "Welcome to primetime, bitch" part hahaha that has to be one of the best parts of the NOES movies. I also liked the skit where they combined Stand by Me (which I still haven't seen, I know, I know) and Re-animator (mayyyybe a little bit of Pet Semetary but vaguely). Maybe I like it because I was able to get the reference to Re-animator hehe. Ok, the ending was another reference to general horror themes but was so abrupt I was like what? I didn't like how Kimmie was playing Jessie the whole time and was actually in it with Chad who was in it with the Impaler and Hawn. Then they just ride off into the sunset while the others remain trapped by Chad who is just offended that they didn't "respect" horror?? Such a ridiculous movie, but I have to admit...just like the original Scare Package, parts of it made me laugh out loud (very rare!)
Shudder rating: 3 out of 5 skulls
My rating: 3.5 of out 5 skulls
Comments
Post a Comment