V//H/S 85
I keep forgetting that I've seen this one multiple times lol all these dang V/H/S movies kind blur together (there are so many!). Not gonna lie, how all the segments tie in was a bit confusing and I'm not sure if I have completely grasped it all correctly. So, we have Rory who is this weird human looking blob like creature who mimics things to learn. The movie starts as a documentary about him seen from a scientific point of view because they are studying what the fuck this thing is. I was a little confused how the other segments tied in but I think these segments are Rory trying to create realities from what he has experienced from humans, but they are a bit morphed. So the original copy is about Rory and then Rory distorts parts of the tape with his own perception of reality? I'm a little confused...but I don't think the story is really important in these anthology movies. I did like quite a few segments in this film. I actually kind of like the whole techno god segment because I am a sucker for a weird raw performance and I like how the virtual world made violence happened in the physical world. Lollll the VR set was called "eye-phones" (idk if they spelled it like that). It makes so much sense now that the dude who did the Sinister movies did that segment where it was all grainy. I thought that story was ok but not my favorite. The one where the family is in like a murder cult was good and the one with the god of death was good as well. I also enjoyed the main story of the progression of Rory how he mimics things. I was a little confused on whether or not he could see through the 1-way mirror in the room or if he could mimic things he couldn't see but the ending was pretty good on how he made them all do that exercise video hahaha. I'd say this is a pretty solid movie in the V/H/S franchise. I'm continuing my journey of sequels and just had to include this one.
Shudder rating: 4 out of 5 skulls
My rating: 3.8 out of 5 skulls. Enjoyed it for sure and ranks higher in the VHS movies for me but not in the 4 skull tier.
Comments
Post a Comment