Evil Dead Burn

I actually liked this movie more than I thought I would, but I still like Evil Dead Rise better (and Evil Dead 2 honestly). This movie takes place right after the girl from Rise comes out of the water (The end of Rise where the Kandarian demon possessed her in the parking garage after the kids and sister leave the complex). This girl (I think her name is Jessica) is the girl at the very start of the movie that comes out of the water. Let me see if I can get this timeline straight...Evil Dead Rise starts with Jessica at the lake which happens after she is possessed at the end of the movie, so it is foreshadowing and then Evil Dead Burn takes place during that same sort of sequence where she is still at the lake? It is a little confusing so fellow horror fans please do not come for me lol. Jessica eventually leaves the lake and possesses Will (who is an absolute prick) then kills him in car fire. Thennn his body is brought to a morgue and before they cremate him and that is how the dad becomes a vessel for the Kandarian demon. So, I was wondering why this demon is going through this family like fricken Draino. He wants that Kandarian dagger! The remaining brother, Joseph, who also seems like a schmuck, who discovers the Necronomicon left by his grandpappy and I think that is where he discovers the dagger as well. Will's girlfriend stays with his family a little while after his death. I think her name is Alice? She actually finds the Necromonicon and then starts reading it (out loud of course). I think this is what gave the demon more power and started tuning the family into deadites (perect lol). More mayhem unfolds and the deadites go wild like the other Evil Dead movies. I guess the demon wants the dagger so bad because it is capable of destroying deadites and he/she wants none of that. The house of Will's family is finally set ablaze, and Alice (our final girl!) faces off with Will's burned up corpse. The demon uses the vessel to try to get the dagger from her but dies when she drives the dagger into his neck. There is probably some evil still remaining because there is probablyyyyy another sequel that will come out in the future (I wouldn't be upset about it!) so they don't want alllll the evil gone yet haha. Oh, and I think Joseph survived too but who cares lol. Another sequel in the books!

IMDb rating: 6.2 out of 10 stars

My rating: 7.8 out of 10 stars (Not bad! Stilll liked Rise more)

Comments

Popular Posts