Scream 4
RIP Hayden...this was a sad watch. I bet this movie was highly purchased or rented after her passing was announced. That really was such shocking news to hear that she had passed so young. I'm sort of glad in a weird way that I chose to watch this sequel during this time as I actually really liked her part in this film. I liked her whole semi-rebel persona yet not playing into the role too much. Ok, back to the film :( poor Sid cannot catch a break. First her boyfriend, then the boyfriend's mom, then her brother, and now her cousin?? Also, am I the only one who thinks her haircut makes her look like Abbi from Broad City lolll. These movies also keep getting more and more meta and I'm kind of here for it. Sid is yet again going to Woodsboro because of her new book. We are introduced to her cousin this time around (she already seems like sort of a bad seed, but maybe it is because Emma Roberts plays that kind of role a lot. One of the big elements in this movie is that the original murders in the first movie are being reenacted. Not everything of course but a lot of elements such as Jill and Charlie working together (more than one Ghostface) and even Jill wanting to be the final girl. Oh, and also the part about the film fanatics being like the ones in the first one even though they are pretty focused on Stab lol. I did really like the ending where Jill realizes that she is about to get caught because she knew of Gale's injury. I did find it a bit illogical that she was going to kill Sid at the hospital where there a lot of cameras present? I mean she was on a mission for sure and damn was she committed to making the crime scene look a particular way. You gotta hand it to her. She's a tough cookie and wants that fameeee. Crazy what fame can do to people. Pretty cold-hearted to kill her BF so she can legit make it look like she is the sole survivor of that murder scene! Tbh I thought that the Scream movies were pretty over done, but I do love watching the progression I have to admit. I actually haven't seen any of the newer ones, so I am pretty excited to dive into those in the near future! I hope they don't suck :(
Comments
Post a Comment